You will need…
4 mm hook
This pattern uses US crochet terminology and standard abbreviations
Eyelet Hexagon Instructions
1. With your chosen eyelet colour yarn ch 6; join into a ring with a sl st to 1st ch.
2. ch 1, 12 sc into ring. Join to 1st sc with a sl st and fasten off. (12 sts)
3. With outer colour; work 2 dc into each stitch. Join with a sl st.
4. You can change colour again if you wish at this point. If you do I think it’s nice to work the final round in the back loops only. If you are not changing colour work all sts through both loops.
5. ch 1 (counts as 1st sc) 2 sc, (hdc, ch 2, hdc) in next st, * 3 sc, (hdc, ch 2, hdc) in next st; rep from * 4 times more. Join to top of ch 1 with a sl st and fasten off.