You will need…
3 colours of dk yarn.
4 mm hook
This pattern is written using US crochet terminology and standard abbreviations.
n.b. ch 3 when working the 1st dc in a round.
- With centre bobble colour; ch 3.
- Working in 3rd ch from hook make bobble by working 5 incomplete trebles as follows –
- *yarn round hook twice, push hook through ch, yo and pull through, yo and pull through 2 loops, yo and pull through 2 loops (2 loops left on hook); rep from * 4 more times (each incomplete treble leaves another loop on the hook, so after working 5 incomplete trebles you will have 6 loops on your hook).
- yo and pull through all 6 loops on hook.
- ch 2 and then work a sl st into same ch st as bobble. Fasten off. You will now have an inside out bobble with a ch 2 loop at each side.
Join 2nd colour…
- Join 2nd colour into stitch at top of bobble. ch 1, 2 sc into same st; 4 sc into ch 2 loop, 2 sc into bottom of bobble, 4 sc into ch 2 loop. Join to 1st sc with a sl st and fasten off. You can now push the bobble out to the front.
Join 3rd colour…
- Working in the back loops only work 2 dc into each st. Join to 1st dc with a sl sts. (24 sts)
- *(dc, ch 2 dc) in same st, hdc, sc, ch 1, miss a st, sc, hdc; rep from * 3 times more. Join with a sl st to top of 1st dc. Fasten off.